- Compliance Model Notices
- List of Notices and Disclosures
- Grandfathered Model Notice
- Non-Grandfathered Model Notice
- Model Women’s Health and Cancer Act (WHCRA)
- Dependent Age 26 Special Enrollment Notice
- HIPAA Privacy Notice
- Model Newborns’ Act Disclosure
- Model Wellness Program Disclosure
- Lifetime Limit Notice
- Pre-Existing Condition Notice
- Optional Declination of Coverage
- ACA Compliance
- ERISA Compliance
- HR Compliance
- Compliance Resources
- DOL Compliance
- Compliance Model Notices
- New Benefits
- Health Insurance Marketplace
- Health Care Reform Coaching and Enrollment Services
- Health Insurance Through MBPA
- Medicaid Enrollment Services
- Individual Health Care Plans
- Group Health Care Plans
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was signed into law March 2010. The Federal statute aims to expand coverage, lower costs, and improve health care quality with implementation taking place over several years.
MichBusiness recognizes the challenges you face running a successful small business, with one challenge being the cost of providing employee health insurance and navigating the Affordable Care Act. MichBusiness is redoubling its efforts to ensure your understanding of the law. We also represent Michigan’s small business interests with our state policymakers, as they choose the best way to implement the ACA in Michigan.
Health Care Reform Connect™
Health Care Reform Connect™ is your resource for implementing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA or ACA). We’ve pulled together the latest information from experts to help keep you updated on the newest developments about Michigan’s implementation of Obamacare, along with online tools to aid you with decision making.
Health Care Reform Connect will provide access to:
- Small & Large Business Health Care Reform Guide & Employer Checklist which summarizes major ACA provisions, examines the impact on Michigan business, explains the Health Insurance Marketplace, offers suggestions about talking to employees and provides more information.
- Small Business Tax Credit Estimator
- MichBusiness Full-Time Employee Equivalent Calculator helps you determine whether you are a “large employer” under the Affordable Care Act based on FTEs.
- Compliance Tools Section with an ACA timeline, articles and resources.
- Additional Compliance Resources:
- Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- Section 125/Pop Plan Document
- COBRA Administration
- DOL Audit Guides for businesses
- Health Care Reform Hotlink
We have developed a health care reform “hotlink,” email@example.com, giving businesses the opportunity to ask their specific health care reform questions, with a typical answer back in 24-48 hours. This free service for our members has saved them countless hours and helped to explain health care reform.
Whatever your needs are throughout the Affordable Care Act implementation, the MichBusiness health care reform team is ready to help. We are also available to meet with your company/agency to discuss any other concerns you may have.
We look forward to making your business better with the knowledge and tangible solutions that will help you navigate not only health care reform implementation, but also other business challenges as we continue to positively influence approximately one out of every three businesses in the state of Michigan. We encourage you to explore our more than 30 educational workshops and 101 business programs that impact more than 150,000 businesses in our beloved state.
Explore. Connect. Thrive.
Upcoming Community Events
- Vistage Executive Exchange