MichBusiness Leadership Challenge Workshop
Two intensive half-day sessions
April 12 & 26, 2018
8 am – 1 pm
$1,500 per participant
Call to enroll 586-393-4382 or email email@example.com.
When participants complete The Leadership Challenge® Workshop, they will be able to:
• Identify leadership strengths and weaknesses increasing self-awareness.
• Clarify and communicate fundamental values and beliefs.
• Set the example for others by aligning actions with shared values.
• Express an image of the future.
• Inspire others to share a common vision.
• Search for opportunities to change and improve.
• Experiment with innovative ideas and learn from accompanying mistakes.
• Build collaboration, teamwork, respect and trust.
• Strengthen the ability of others to excel.
• Recognize the accomplishments of others.
• Apply the lessons learned in the workshop to a current organizational challenge.
LEADERSHIP PRACTICES SELF ASSESSMENT
Each participant will complete the Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) -Self assessment. The LPI is a questionnaire with thirty behavioral statements that takes ten to fifteen minutes to complete by rating themselves on the frequency with which they think they engage in each of the thirty behaviors.
THE LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE PREWORK
Pre-work is a crucial component of The Leadership Challenge® Workshop. The pre-work for each participant will help assure a successful program while placing each participating leader in a good mindset for attending the workshop. Participants receive and are asked to complete five pre-work assignments:
• Characteristics of an Admired Leader (CAL) survey
• My Personal Best Leadership Experience worksheet
• My Current Leadership Challenge worksheet
• What I Hope to Accomplish worksheet
TRAINING SESSIONS AND MATERIALS
Each participant will receive a workbook entitled, An Introduction to the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership. This full-color workbook is designed to accompany the workshop and reinforce each of the Five Practices modules. In addition, each participant receives the personal, Leadership Practices Inventory Assessment report, articles and summary handout(s) to reinforce learning of the materials presented. Sessions are highly interactive and engaging utilizing partner shares, group activities, individual work and video.
Each attendee receives a Certificate of Completion that can be placed in their employment file as an acknowledgement of their participation.
Susan West is the founder and president QuadWest Associates, LLC, a management consulting firm with a passion for uplifting human resource functions and leadership talent in small to mid-size companies. Prior to founding the company in 2004, Susan held executive positions as President of multimillion joint venture, Vice President of Midwest Region for a large Staffing company and Director of HR for a non-profit organization. She’s been an adjunct professor at Oakland University and holds certifications from Society of Human Resource Management, Human Resource Certification Institute and the Hogan Assessment.